The European project Notaries Beyond Frontiers (NBF; www.nbfproject.eu) is funded for a period of two years (1 October 2018 - 30 September 2020) by the European Union’s Justice Programme. The partners in this project are the Catholic University of Lyon (AFPICL-UCLy), the Notarial Centre for European Law (ACENODE) and the Order of Notaries of Portugal (Ordem dos Notarios). The International Council of the Belgian Notariat (Conseil International du Notariat belge - CINB), the Chamber of Notaries of Milan (Consiglio Notarile di Milano), the Spanish Notarial College (Consejo General del Notariado) and, through representation, the Royal Dutch Notarial Professional Organisation (Koninklijke Notariële Beroepsorganisatie) are also associated.
With EU support, NBF will enable the following activities to be carried out:
• Inventory of the skills needs of notaries concerning the new regulations 2016/1103 on matrimonial property regimes and 2016/1104 on registered partnerships.
• Organisation of 10 bilateral workshops for notaries to present the new regulations 2016/1103 and 2016/1104, based on concrete and cross-border cases built on the results of the skills needs inventory.
• Creation of a service to answer notaries’ questions regarding regulations 2016/1103 and 2016/1104
• Communication campaign for the general public, in particular international couples, on the rights and benefits provided by Regulations 2016/1103 and 2016/1104
• Feedback to the European Commission and the Chancelleries.