After the ceremony of the handover of powers which took place this Thursday 14 January 2010, in Rome, at the headquarters of the Italian notariat, the 40 000 notaries of the European Union have a new President, Roberto Barone, Italian notary. Roberto Barone heads the Council of the Notariats of the European Union (CNUE), which represents all Notaries of Europe vis-à-vis the European institutions.
During his one-year term, Mr Barone has as his main priority to maintain close cooperation with the European institutions and to provide them with CNUE expertise.
With the aim of offering European citizens an area of justice, freedom and security without internal boundaries, the Notaries of Europe will concentrate their actions in 2010 on the following points:
- The implementation of the Stockholm Programme.
- The movement of authentic instruments in Europe.
- The adoption of a European certificate of succession.
- The development of rules of conflict of laws in family law.
- Access to law in matters of a cross-border nature, particularly by the development of e-Justice and the European Notarial Network (ENN).